I’m at the stage in my life where I’m realizing I have wayyyy too much stuff. I’m desperately trying to downsize and de-clutter, but I still have the mindset of “But what if I need this in 3 years?” Yeah, I know, totally dumb. But while I’m trying to get rid of stuff, I’m finding that most of the things I have are still perfectly good, they just need a little update. That’s how I’m justifying keeping those things. Don’t judge me. ;)
One of those things was this side table. I picked it up at the dollar store before I went to college because I needed a cheap side table, and that’s exactly what it was. It served it’s purpose, but now it just takes us space and doesn’t match anything. So I decided it needed a makeover. I’m quite obsessed with rose gold, and I had seen a bunch of rose gold and marble side tables floating around some of my favorite stores, but I was not fond of paying the price tag. So creating a DIY version was my only option. :)
1. Take your side table and give it a good scrubbing. Make sure that it’s dirt and grime free.
2. Dismantle your side table, and spray paint your leg pieces in the copper / rose gold finish. Let dry.
3. Take your table top pieces and measure out enough contact paper to cover the top and the sides.
4. Cover the top with the contact paper and wrap it around the sides. Let set.
5. If your table top pieces have holes for the legs to go through like mine did, take and x-acto blade and create an X slit.
6. Reassemble your table and admire the chicness!
I am loving how this turned out! I have a few more project ideas up my sleeve, can’t wait to marble and rose gold allllll the things!
Are you loving this look as much as I am?