Halloween is right around the corner and while my plans will consist of what they always consist of (watching Hocus Pocus on repeat while I’m bundled up like a burrito), I can still make Halloween-y desserts to enjoy!
- 2 boxes of dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- white chocolate chips
- cookie scoop
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- food coloring (optional)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°. Grease baking sheets.
2. Combine cake mix, oil, and eggs into a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended.
3. Fold in a bag of white chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Bake for 10-11 minutes and repeat until all the dough is used up.
6. While the cookies bake, start on the frosting filling.
7. In a stand mixer on medium speed, whip the butter until it is white in color.
8. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. If you are adding food coloring, add that now also. Because I used 2 colors, I just split the mixture in half and created my orange and purple colors.
9. Once the cookies are fully baked, let them cool completely.
10. Spread or pipe the filling onto a cookie and top with another to make a cookie sandwich.
11. Bring to a Halloween party or just in your office! They’re sure to be a hit anywhere!
Are you going to a Halloween party this year?
Loved it? Pin it!