I’ve paired up with a group of talented ladies to bring you a monthly Thrift Store Decor Upcycle Challenge. Each month we will create a new home decor piece from an item(s) we’ve found at a thrift store, yard sale, resale shop etc. There is no budget or specific theme so we are free to let our creativity run wild!
Amanda | The Kolb Corner . Chelc| Inside the Fox Den
Erlene | My Pinterventures . Kim | Made in a Day . Sara | Twelve on Main
Debra | Shoppe No. 5 . Shirley | Intelligent Domestications
Marie | DIY Adulation . Lindsay | Crazy Organized . Michelle | Our Crafty Mom
Julie | Live From Julie’s House . Dru | Polka Dot Poplars
Maureen | Red Cottage Chronicles . Pili | Sweet Things
Colleen | Life on Kaydeross Creek . Ann | Duct Tape and Denim . Sherry | Savvy Apron
You can also follow our board on Pinterest for more upcycled decor inspiration!
- small upholstered ottoman
- fabric of choice
- spray paint of choice
1. This is how the ottoman looked like when I picked it up. I think it was originally made for a child, but I loved the base on it and knew that I could reupholster it to fit my taste. Also, it was $3 and they were having a 50% off sale so it was super cheap!
2. I took the screws off the bottom and spray painted the base. One guess as to what color I spray painted it. Yep, rose gold. ;)
3. While the base was drying, I removed the upholstery from the seat. Which, if you’re following me on Snapchat, you know was an ordeal since all my tools are packed away at the moment.
4. I found this fabric at hobby lobby and immediately fell in love with the print. Plus, I had a 40% off coupon so, again, super cheap! I reupholstered the seat and reattached the base.
And that’s it! It was a super simple DIY and I love the final outcome. :)
Be sure to check out all of the other creative upcycle projects my fellow bloggers have come up with!