It’s official: Halloween blog posts are officially starting! I love this time of year because for the next couple of months it’s going to be pretty much all Holiday themed posts and DIYs. Get stoked!
- Upcycle an item(s) from a thrift store, resale store, or garage sale into a new piece of decor.
- There’s no monthly theme.
- There’s no budget to stick to.
Meet the Hosts!
Make sure you follow our board on Pinterest for more upcycled decor inspiration!
I was in my local thrift store in March and I found this wooden coffin box for less than $0.50. I knew that if I wanted to do something with it, it’d be at least 3x the price come Halloween season, so I snagged it up and it sat and sat in my stash o’ upcycle things for months. But the time has come for me to create something with it! If you want to see how to make a Halloween Jewelry Box, keep on reading!
- wooden coffin box
- white spray paint
- navy chalk paint
- black chalk paint
- rose gold metallic paint
1. I wanted a plain base to work with so I painted the outside white.
2. Yinz know my favorite color combo so you really shouldn’t be surprised but I grabbed a navy chalk paint and painted the sides.
3. Really, really lightly, I wrote out the words “Trick or Treat Yo’ Self!” because Parks & Rec is fantastic and I’ve wanted to do something Halloween-y with that quote for the longest time.
4. I grabbed my rose gold paint and went over the words.
5. I wanted a bit of a contrast so I grabbed a black chalk paint and painted the inside.
6. Finally, for extra spookiness, I grabbed the navy again and added some spiderwebs and a little spider. I may hate spiders in real life, but I don’t mind cute painted versions. ;)
7. I grabbed some of my all-time favorite jewelry and put it on display!
What are your favorite ways to decorate for Halloween?
And now for more thrifty goodness!
Check out what my fellow upcyclers created below!