This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#MyUnique4 #CollectiveBias #ad
As a designer and artist, inspiration is all around me. From taking a walk downtown, to browsing the aisles of my local Target, I just have to keep my eyes peeled because I never know when I’ll get a lightning strike moment.
I was at Target last week (because when am I not at Target?) and I saw this fun Diet Coke display in the main aisle. I first noticed it because it was Diet Coke (my beverage of choice), but what really drew me in was the cool and unique labels. Coca-Cola created millions (yes, MILLIONS) of unique labels so no two will be alike.
Because these bottles are limited edition, I wanted to be sure I didn’t miss out. I decided to pick up 4 because Target had a great deal of getting 10% off if you did so. I actually learned that this deal is exclusive to Target, so bonus!
I had been wanting some new art for my home, and because these bottles completely inspired me. Because each bottle is one of a kind, I decided I wanted to create something one of a kind. It’s actually pretty easy to create your own abstract art. And it can be completely custom to your home!
- acrylic paint (whatever colors you choose)
- Diet Coke “It’s Mine” bottles
1. Head on over to Target to grab your Diet Coke “It’s Mine” bottles and other materials.
2. Begin by creating random brushstrokes of your darkest color wherever you want. Let completely dry.
3. Add your neutral colors in the same kind of brushstrokes, overlapping and layering as you see fit. Let completely dry.
4. Layer in your bright pops of color. Let completely dry.
5. Add in some white to make it pop and contrast. Let completely dry.
6. I love a good metallic touch, so I decided to add some gold on top. This is optional, but I feel that it gives it a bit more dimension. I wanted the gold to have a different texture, so I applied it with a sponge brush.
7. Those Diet Coke “It’s Mine” bottles are too pretty to throw away. Reuse them to hold your paintbrushes!
And there you have it! With this project, you’ll be walking away with some wall decor and some shelf decor that’s as unique as you are! I love how the bottles really tie everything together.
So, what will you be inspired to create with the Diet Coke “It’s Mine” glass bottles? Be sure to pick them up at Target to take advantage of the exclusive 10% off 4 discount!