Thank you for joining me for the Valentine’s Day Blog Hop! I’ve joined with 13 other talented bloggers to share Valentine’s Day crafts on a budget. Each blogger was given a budget of no more than $10 and challenged to create a Valentine’s Day craft using items from the dollar store or dollar section of their local stores. If you have budget Valentine’s Day crafts to share, please add it to the link-up at the bottom of this post so it can be seen on all of our blogs!
- black and white printed paper straws
- pink printed paper straws
- baker’s twine
- hot glue & glue gun
1. Gather your supplies. I got all of mine from the dollar section of Target and only cost me $4 to make!
2. Measure how much baker’s twine you need for your garland and cut.
3. Cut your pink straws into the pieces for your hearts. I used 3 straws per heart. I cut 2 straws into 5″ and 3″ pieces, and 1 into 2″ pieces.
4. Assemble your heart on a flat surface.
5. Take your hot glue gun and glue the heart joints together. Let dry.
6. While the heart is drying, you want to cut your black and white straws into the necessary lengths. I took 4 of them and cut them in half into 4″ pieces, and cut 1 into 2″ pieces.
7. String them together! The pattern will be 4″ black and white piece, 1 section of the heart, 2″ black and white piece, other section of the heart, 4″ black and white piece, and so on.
8. Tie the two ends of the baker’s twine into loops and hang it up!
Looking for more budget friendly Valentine’s Day crafts? Visit these blogs for their creative Valentine’s Day crafts!
Share your $10 or less Valentine’s Day crafts on the link-up below and be seen on all 14 blogs!