This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#NestleHolidayBaking #CollectiveBias #ad
Earlier today I posted my Faux Gingerbread House as part of my celebration of Blogmas. While I was crafting it, I got a craving for real gingerbread. I also got a craving for fudge. My Pap-Pap makes the absolute best fudge and I love it this time of year! Because I love to bake and experiment in the kitchen so, because I had the best teacher, I decided to create some gingerbread flavored fudge!
- 2½ cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup Nestlé® Carnation® evaporated milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Nestlé® Toll House® Red and Green Morsels (optional)
1. I headed to Walmart to pick up some Nestle® Carnation® evaporated milk for my recipe. Whenever I bake something for the holidays, chances are Nestle products are involved. Walmart is your one stop shop for all things Nestlé! All of your baking needs are covered for the season to help you express your love for others through baking.
2. While I was there, I saw that Walmart had small kiosks in the main aisle with even more baking items. Nestlé had some red and green morsels and I thought they’d be great for decoration for the fudge (and other recipes in the future).
3. Combine the brown sugar, evaporated milk, salt and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
4. Once the sugar is dissolved bring the mixture to a boil. Allow to bubble for a couple minutes. Bring to a soft boil by reducing the heat to low. Stir occasionally.
5. Add butter to the pan, but do NOT stir yet. Let the butter rest in the mixture without stirring for a few minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
6. Stir in, by hand, the vanilla and spices.
7. Line a 9″ x 9″ pan with aluminum foil and pour in the mixture.
8. Pop into the fridge for 30 minutes. Take out and add some decoration to the top, if you’d like. I added a dash of red sprinkles. Return to the fridge overnight, or at least 5 hours.
9. Enjoy with friends and family!
I made it thinner so that it was bite size. Although I’m not sure that’s a good thing because it probably means that I’ll eat way more than I should! ;)
I’m thinking this would make a great gift idea for friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, or anyone really! Nestle designed some really cute printable gift tags that I’ll absolutely be using!
I love getting together with family and baking delicious treats! Be sure to check out more delicious recipes on the Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board. What are your go to holiday recipes?
If this recipe isn’t for you, that’s totally ok! Check out Very Best Baking for more delicious holiday recipes that you can create!
Connect with NESTLÉ® on their social media!
Find even more NESTLÉ® Flavorful Moments on Pinterest!