If you’ve found your way to this page that means that you’re interested in being a guest blogger on Inside the Fox Den. That is super awesome and makes me oh, so happy! Seriously, you’re the best. But before things can move along I need you to do me one tiny favor and read the following guidelines. It’s what you can expect to gain from being a guest blogger, what I’ll need from you, and some fancy shmancy legal talk that will protect us both, so please take the time to read it through. :)
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A GUEST BLOGGER?
- You will get to share your post with Inside the Fox Den’s audience and (hopefully) gain some new readers for your own blog.
- Your post will be shared all over social media; Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, G+, Tumblr, and YouTube (if applicable).
- You will be introduced to Inside the Fox Den’s readers before your post with a small “interview”, images from previous projects you’ve created, as well as links to your website.
- There will be a short bio and photo of you after the post as well, which will include your social media handles and links back to your website so that Inside the Fox Den’s readers can connect with you.
- You will have the opportunity to have ad / banner space on Inside the Fox Den’s sidebar, which will be showcased for a month. (For example, if you post on June 13th your ad / banner will be up until July 13th.)
- You will be an official member of Inside the Fox Den’s squad and we’ll be blogging besties for life. ;)
WHAT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE TO BECOME A GUEST BLOGGER?
- SUBMISSION IDEA: When you contact us, please include an idea (or two) that you would like to submit. This will help move the process along a bit faster.
- TEXT: Any text that you want included for your post (project intro, description, supply list, instructions, etc.) and must not be plagiarized from another source.
- PHOTOS: These must be your photographs or you must have permission to use them if they are not your own and they must be of good quality (sharp, good composition, staged well, good lighting, etc.).
- VIDEOS: If your post includes a video tutorial, we will need an .mp4 file of the tutorial and a separate audio file of the how-to narration. They will be edited together on our end and uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- INTERVIEW ANSWERS: We will be sending you a series of interview questions that you will need to provide the answers to. These are “get to know you” questions so that our audience can, well, get to know you!
- BIO, HEADSHOT, & SOCIAL MEDIA: We will need a short bio of who you are and what your blog is about. Feel free to also include some “fun facts” about yourself. The bio will also include a headshot and your social media links that you provide.
HOW DO I SUBMIT THIS TO BE A GUEST BLOGGER?
Glad you asked! It’s gonna be super simple. You’ll receive a link to a shared folder where you can upload everything. No one else other than Chelc at Inside the Fox Den and you will have access to the folder or the content submitted.
WHAT’S THE FANCY SCHMANCY LEAGAL TALK?
Yeah, here’s the boring part. There are a few guidelines that we need to share with you so that everyone’s on the same page.
BY SUBMITTING A BLOG POST / ARTICLE YOU CONSENT TO THE FOLLOWING:
- We cannot use your affiliate links in the post. Sorry!
- Feel free to publish the same post on your own blog and promote it on your social media! And while it’s not required, we’d love for you to link back to our site. However, please do not publish the post to another site.
- We will not ever share your information with a third party. It’s not cool and we throw serious shade at those who do.
- We reserve the right to format your post and photos to fit the aesthetic of Inside the Fox Den. This means that we may alter the lighting of the photo or change the arrangement of the post to fit with our vision. We will never change it so much that it still doesn’t have your unique and creative flair.
- We reserve the right to decline submissions if we feel that it will not fit well with Inside the Fox Den’s theme. We are a creative-lifestyle blog and we are currently looking for submissions in the DIY, décor, recipe, or beauty categories. Please make sure that your submission is a tutorial in some way.
- If you have agreed to be a guest blogger but are no longer interested, please let us know as soon as possible. Life can get in the way, we get it! It’s happened to us plenty of times. Let us know if you’re interested in the future, we’d still love to have you!
- All third party links must be relevant to your content. We will not include it if we feel that it would not be appropriate for our readers. Excessive links and/or affiliate links will be removed without warning. We reserve the right to use ads and affiliate links where appropriate.
By submitting a post as a guest blogger, you agree that you have read these guidelines and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that all the information submitted to Inside the Fox Den is your own original content and if it isn’t your own, you agree that you have permission to use. If concerns regarding copyright infringement are made based on your post (and all information submitted) submitted to Inside the Fox Den, you accept full responsibility.
If you haven’t been in contact with us yet and would like to be a guest blogger, please get in touch with us and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. As noted above, please remember that Inside the Fox Den is a creative-lifestyle blog and we are currently looking for submissions in the DIY, décor, recipe, or beauty categories. Therefore, only submissions that fit within this theme will be approved. Once we review your website and submission idea, we will be in touch with you if we think you would be a good fit.
To get in touch with us, please head on over to this link and fill out the form!