Well, what they say is true; pumpkin spice is by definition “fall in a cup”. Just a little smell of it and I’m transported to a place where I live in chunky knit sweaters and boots all year round.
Because I like the smell so much, I decided to combine it with one of my other favorite things…BATH BOMBS! Seriously, bath bombs are the bomb. Pun fully intended.
I love shopping at Lush, and their bath bombs are Heaven, but their prices are a little ridiculous. But do you know how easy it is to make your OWN bath bombs? There are a ton of recipes out there in blogland, and I definitely did my research before this project, but soooo many of them call for citric acid. Because I couldn’t find that locally, only online, I decided to go a different route.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- yellow & red food coloring to make orange
- 1 satchel of TAZO cinnamon chalet tea (optional)
- pumpkin shape cookie cutter
- cookie sheet
- wax paper
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
2. Stir in the olive oil, adding a little bit at a time. It’s not going to completely stick together, and that’s a good thing! You want to get the consistency similar to damp sand; clumps together when you squeeze it but will still crumble.
3. Take your cookie sheet and line it with wax paper. Lay out your cookie cutters.
4. Take the tea satchel and cut it open. Sprinkle a little bit of the contents in each cookie cutter.
5. Fill the cookie cutter shape with the bath bomb mixture. Pack tightly for best results.
6. Let sit overnight in the fridge.
7. Gently slide out the bath bomb from the cookie cutter.
8. Grab a book, put on your favorite playlist, light some candles, draw a bath, and enjoy!
See?! Super duper easy to make your own bath bombs!
Lush, I’m really sorry, but I think we need to take a break. It’s not you, it’s me. And my bank account. ;)
Have any of you made bath bombs before? I definitely think I’ll be making more and more. Maybe even for Christmas presents. Yes, I’m thinking about Christmas already. #sorrynotsorry