Have you checked out the #MerryBlogmas link parties yet? There’s some awesome creativity happening over there! To celebrate Blogmas in my own way, and continue with my Holiday Hootenanny, I’ve decided to post once a day leading up to Christmas! This week’s party is all about gifts so get ready for some awesome Christmas gift related posts headed your way!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Chances are, you have someone in your life that’s incredibly challenging to buy a gift for. So, more often than not, you end up just giving them money. Money’s a great gift, I know I love it. ;) But it isn’t really creative. So, why not give the money to them in a fun way?!
- M&M mini tube (in red)
- felt; red, white, black, peach, yellow
- small googly eyes
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Remove the wrapping of the M&M tube.
Your cat will think it’s a toy. This is perfectly normal. :)
2. Cut out a rectangle of red felt to fit around the tube. I bought sparkly red felt because Santa is magical and sparkles are magical. :) Hot glue into place.
3. Cut a rectangle of peach felt and glue to the front.
3. Cut a small strip of white felt and glue to the top, over the peach and the red.
4. Cut out a beard shape out of the white felt and glue into place. Make sure the beard is large enough to fit over the peach rectangle.
5. For the outfit’s accessories, cut out 2 small white circles for the coat’s buttons, a strip of black felt for the belt, and a small yellow rectangle for the belt buckle.
6. Cut out a hat shape out of the red felt and a small circle out of the white. Glue the white circle to the pointy end of the hat and glue to the lid of the M&M tube.
7. Cut a small oval out of the peach felt and glue on top of the face and beard. Glue two small googly eyes to the face as well.
8. Pour out the M&Ms. Roll up the money or check and put into the tube. Refill with the M&Ms.
And there you have it! This is a super simple way to update the regular gift of money and makes a great stocking stuffer! Now they’ll get the awesome gift of money and a sweet treat! :)
Be sure to stop by the #MerryBlogmas gifts link party and link up your most festive posts!