Thanksgiving is next week and one of my favorite traditions is to make cinnamon rolls and watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning before family festivities. I decided to change up the customary cinnamon roll breakfast to make these super cute turkeys! They’re perfect for a family with kids or a family with a 26 year old who refuses to be an adult when she’s on vacation. ;)
- 1 can Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
- 1 lb. bacon
- candy eyes
- candy corn
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400°.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on top. This will significantly help in the grease clean up. Lay your bacon out on the cooling rack so that it will cook flat and crispy.
4. Frost your cinnamon rolls with the icing that comes in the package while the cinnamon rolls are still nice and warm.
5. Cut your bacon in half and stick 3 pieces in the back of the cinnamon rolls for the feathers. If your cinnamon rolls are larger you may want to put in 4 – 5 pieces.
6. Place 2 candy eyes and a candy corn on the top of the cinnamon rolls to make the turkey’s face.
7. Serve ’em on a plate, bundle up to watch the Macy’s parade, and enjoy!
What’s one of your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
Loved it? Pin it!